When you have booked your flight and are now considering cancelling it due to unforeseen circumstances, there is flight cancellation policy in place to protect you. According to the Alaska flight cancellation policy, passengers are entitled to a full refund if they cancel their flight within 24 hours. Check out this comprehensive guide to understand all the terms and conditions of Alaska Airlines’ flight cancellation policy.
Eligibility for Alaska Airline Flight Cancellation Policy
Under Alaska flight cancellation policy, you must meet the following eligibility criteria in order to cancel your Alaska flight online and receive a full refund or credit:
- Your ticket should be issued at Alaska’s official website which is alaskaair.com.
- Your booking should not be a part of a group or vacation package booking.
- Your reservation must not be more than one year old from the date of the original purchase.
- Your booking must have been ticketed using US dollars in the form of currency.
- It should not contain a government fare.
Refundable flight bookings that meet the criteria mention above may be refunded to the original form of payment. If you need help, Call the agent immediately on the Alaska Airlines reservations phone number. By doing so, you can get complete assistance and figure out how to cancel your reservation.
Alaska Airlines Flight Change Policy: Terms & Conditions
The process of cancelling a flight can be inconvenient and costly, but it doesn’t have to be. If you do some research on the flight cancellation charges before booking your ticket, it can save you money and time. Hence, if you are about to book your flight with Alaska Airlines, it’s essential that you are aware of the cancellation policies.
Let’s look at the highlights below to better understand the terms and conditions for cancelling an Alaska Airlines reservation.
- First – Alaska flights can be cancelled within 24 hours of the original booking for a full refund.
- Second – Bookings more than 24 hours before the scheduled departure, main cabin, and first-class fares can be changed within 24 of booking with no charges. In case of saver fares, changes in a reservation are not permit. Even though bookings can be cancele and rebooked within 24 hours of booking.
- Third – If you bought a refundable ticket, you may request a refund by directly speaking to the Alaska Airlines customer service representatives.
- Fourth – Except for saver fares, you can change or cancel your reservation before the flight departure time. If you booked a ticket and wish to cancel it, you will receive a credit for your future reservations.
- Fifth – For award tickets, as long as you notify the airline before departure, you will be eligible for getting your Mileage Plan miles back in your account.
How to Cancel Alaska Airline Flight Online?
Are you seeking information regarding how to cancel an Alaska Airlines flight? If so, then you cancel your booking online by following the procedures below –
- First – Open Alaska Airlines’ official website.
- Second – click Manage Reservation tab
- Third – Thereafter, search for your reservation by entering the six-digit confirmation number and your last name.
- Fourth – Choose the single segment or the complete flight schedule, and press the “Cancel” button.
- Fifth – If your booking is eligible for cancellation, you will see the applicable fee and the refund associated with your reservation.
- Sixth – Now, you have to choose whether you want a future travel credit or a refund in the original payment method.
- Seventh – To agree to the Alaska flight cancellation policy, you need to check the box next to the fare rule of your booking.
- Eighth – Once the airline has processed your flight cancellation, you will receive an email confirmation.
How to cancel Alaska Flight via the customer support number?
In case you are facing trouble making Alaska airlines flight cancellation processes, you may contact the Alaska airlines reservations phone number for any flight cancellation queries.
- First – You are required to call on 1-800-252-7522.
- Second – you will get to hear IVR commands which you have to follow to cancel your flight.
- Third – Press # to talk to Alaska Airlines live executive.
- Fourth – Once you are connected to the live agent, tell them your confirmation number and all the required information.
- Fifth – The executive will start processing the flight cancellation process.
- Sixth – pay the cancellation fee if applicable.
If you are a frequent flyer with Alaska Airlines, it’s important to be aware of its policies such as Alaska flight cancellation policy online. Undoubtedly, it makes you a smarter traveler. Although, we have done our best to make you comprehend all the important information regarding Alaska airline’s flight cancellation policy.
We hope now you know every tiny thing that comes under Alaska’s cancellation policy. However, if you can’t do the reservation cancellation process by yourself, you may take help from a live executive by dialing Alaska airlines reservations phone number. Else, we at Flying Rules are always there to assist you with all the Alaska and other airlines’ policies. Contact us at +1-800-865-1848 and get your query resolve within minutes.